Standard disclosure: we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. Visit my disclosure page for more info
I am in bed, having the worst cold ever. Of course it is not the worst ever, it just feels that way. My head is stuffed and so is my brain. Instead of writing something informative, thought-provoking or self-bitching, I decided to write something that hopefully will give my readers a glimpse of who is behind this blog.
This post is not about my reasoning for rent or buy decisions, high risk life insurance, or cause of unemployment. I don’t even write about these things, right? This post actually was prompted by Joe who blogs at Retire By 40. He thought I am in my twenties and was surprised to learn that I am older than he. It made me think that I need to properly introduce myself to my readers.
Without any further ado:
THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- I will be 39 years old this spring (this should explain the title of this post.)
- I speak three languages: Russian, Lithuanian and English.
- I am agnostic (note: it is very different from atheist, don’t be confused!) Yes, I don’t go to church.
- I became a U.S. citizen in 2009.
- 2012 will be my first presidential election that I can vote. Finally!
- I’ve been living in the U.S. 12 years.
- I don’t cook at home. Beaker does.
- I hate cleaning.
- I worry a lot about everything.
- I don’t watch sports. Not even basketball or ice skating.
- I don’t watch reality TV (because it sucks big time). My TV habit is good. Relatively.
- I relax the most when I read or mindlessly stare at the ocean.
- I drink a lot of green tea. And coffee.
- My favorite meat is lamb.
- I am a home body.
- I am addicted to a runner’s high.
- I am addicted to blogging.
- I love hiking, and I think that I don’t do it enough.
- I don’t like lifting weights but I think that I do it a lot.
- I cry at weddings.
- I cry at movies.
- I cry, reading a good and sad book.
- I think Harry Potter is overrated.
- I think Valentine’s is overrated.
- I always wanted to study English language and Russian literature, but instead I studied Library Science and Accounting.
- My favorite food is sushi.
- I prefer white wine to red.
- I am afraid to fly. You don’t want to sit next to me on a plane. Ever.
- I love horror movies.
- I acted in school theatre.
- I talk to my mother almost every day. But I don’t see her often enough.
- I live in Utah where we claim that we have the greatest snow on Earth, but I don’t ski.
- I prefer to live in a condo rather than in a house.
- I want a pink FIAT. Seriously.
- I hate clutter but I am good at creating it.
- I feel lonely on my birthdays. Always.
- I am a gambler (but thankfully I’m not the addictive type.)
- I would like to retire in Paris.
- I am a receipt hoarder.